Saturday, May 3, 2008

Update on sites

Well so far I am a few months into my venture into the affiliate web business and so far eBay is king. All of my commisions are through the Build a Niche Store software and I've made over $300 thus far. The pink and brown baby site is doing well and so is the blue and brown bedding site. Both are new so don't have any page rank yet, but I hope that will change. The bedding site is ranking #3 on google for the keyword, so I am very happy with that.

My first site, All Things Active just recieved a page rank of 2. I couldn't believe it. I'll continue to try to add valuable content and see where it goes. It is my first site and has contributed my most consistent traffic to date.

I also experimented with using subdomains to host new sites, I think the verdict is in: It doesn't work. Initially Google will treat the site as independent, but then it gets rolled under the parent domain and gets very little traffic. They haven't recieved any page rank because goolge feels they are just subsites under the main store, so I think I am moving towards buying a domain name for each new site.

No comments: